HTML Entity encoder
HTML Entity Encoder is a simple and free online tool that quickly and easily encodes your data. It helps you to encode special HTML characters so you can print them in your HTML page.
Common usage of HTML Entity encoding
- Your keyboard does not support the character you need to type. For example, many keyboards do not have em-dash or the copyright symbol.
- You want to make it explicit in the source code what is happening. For example, the
code is clearer than the corresponding white space character.
- You need to escape HTML special characters like
<, &, or ".
HTML special characters
Some characters are already used by HTML language parser, so you will need to encode such characters when want to print them in your HTML pages. Such special characters should be HTML entity encoded. Using this encoder you can escape such strings and show them in HTML pages as is.
Space HTML characters
Space characters are not reserved in HTML language. However, if you write multiple spaces in a row, HTML will present it as a single space by default. You can solve this and print multiple spaces in HTML by adding HTML entity encoded spaces (
For instance, if you want to print 2 spaces, use this instead:
HTML Entity converter
HTML Entity Encoder serves as HTML entity converter and gives you HTML code that will be printed to user as is.
- Plain text:
Html Entity encoded:
- Plain text - ampersand character:
Html Entity encoded ampersand character:
- Plain text - left arrow character:
Html Entity encoded left arrow character:
- Plain text - space character:
Html Entity encoded space character: