About Base64 encoder
Base64 Encoder is a simple and free online tool that quickly and easily encodes your data.
What is Base64?
Base64 is a group of similar binary-to-text encoding schemes that represent binary data in an ASCII string format by translating it into a radix-64 representation. The term Base64 originates from a specific MIME content transfer encoding.
Common usage of Base64
- Encode binary data so it can be included in data: URL. Like embedded images in HTML, CSS or attachments in emails.
- Output binary data as XML or JSON in API responses
- Preserve raw bytes of cryptographic functions
- Save binary files to database when BLOB is unavailable
- Hide plain secrets from being seen (bad practice) like for Basic HTTP Authentication